MAH, together with Bureau Veritas Malaysia (BVM) launched the hygiene and safety label known as the “Clean & Safe Malaysia” certification program. The program is offered to all MAH member and non-member hotels across Malaysia and its purpose is to ensure that appropriate health, safety and hygiene procedures and processes are in place and in line with both local regulatory requirements and international standards.
The Clean & Safe label lets guests know that they are visiting an establishment that is committed to comply with the safety and health concept of the highest standards. It boosts the confidence of potential patrons of the establishment’s hygiene status and boosts the hotel image among health-conscious travellers.
The Clean & Safe label also serves as a vital component of the Travel Safe Alliance Malaysia (TSAM) a collaboration of the Four key players in the tourism and travel industry. The label is a part of the collaboration’s complete ecosystem of safe travel solutions that guarantees tourists of a seamless, safe and hygienic travel experience from the first to the last mile of their journey.
HOW TO GET THE CLEAN &
- Register your intention for the audit at our
online registration form that can be found here.
- After your registration, you will receive
details of audit with pricing.
2. Download and understand the guideline
- A checklist containing the guidelines of the
audit will be downloadable once registration is complete.
- The checklist includes all the items to control
in order to ensure compliance with good hygiene practices.
- Bureau Veritas will furnish hotel with the audit
checklist for preparation. The on-site audit is unannounced and only made known
to the Hotel Top Management.
- Bureau Veritas will arrange a field audit
(on-site audit). Audits are arranged in short period of time and its result
would be made available in real-time.
- Field audit will be carried out during your
operating hours with efficient methodology and minimal interruption.
4. Certification & label granted
- Bureau Veritas will grant hotels / resorts with
the certificate as well as the Label.
- Label comes with unique barcode that allows
tracing of hotels / resorts certification information, as well as hotel
information, through our global public website designed exclusively for this
project which can be found here.
5. Continuous compliance
- Certificates and labels are valid for 3 years.
Annual audit -Surveillance 1 & Surveillance 2 (payment are same with 1st
year audit) is needed for each valid certification.
you require further information or need assistance, please contact the below
|Farnold Zeck Swanson
|Ng Chee Fei